Worms

Thermocandy

Hatching
Jun 26, 2015
Hi Chicken Brains Trust,

2 weeks ago I notices worms in my chickens poo. I wormed them with some stuff you put in the water. Saw no more worms in the poo for a week after,

We have been away for a week and upon cleaning the coop out this morning I have noticed more worms in the poo but these are smaller, maybe half the size. Are these just the worms leaving the chickens system or a sign I need to re-worm? All 4 chickens are laying and look the healthiest that they have ever been.

Do I need to treat any surroundings for worm eggs?

I have also heard that adding condy's crystals to the water all the time you give your chickens a natural all wormer protection. Can anyone verify this?

Thanks,

Candice

Some de-worming agents advise a second treatment (duration varies) as the first one kills the living worms, but not the eggs, so the second treatment kills them before they themselves lay eggs.

Hi Chicken Brains Trust,

2 weeks ago I notices worms in my chickens poo. I wormed them with some stuff you put in the water. Saw no more worms in the poo for a week after,

We have been away for a week and upon cleaning the coop out this morning I have noticed more worms in the poo but these are smaller, maybe half the size. Are these just the worms leaving the chickens system or a sign I need to re-worm? All 4 chickens are laying and look the healthiest that they have ever been.

Do I need to treat any surroundings for worm eggs?

I have also heard that adding condy's crystals to the water all the time you give your chickens a natural all wormer protection. Can anyone verify this?

Thanks,

Candice  

I am curious about how you think a water purifier would worm chickens?

Last edited:
I am curious about how you think a water purifier would worm chickens?

Im not sure what goes into a water purifying tablet (or whatever) but i would assume that chlorine will be there (among others). I would very much doubt that the weak concentrations of any active ingredient would be sufficient to worm chickens. As worms can actually attach themselves to the gut etc, then a specific wormer is by far the best solution i would think.

CT

I didn't know want they were used for only that a friend told me that that was how they used them. I was seeking more information/clarification here.

It appears my friend is misinformed.

Found evidence of worms in chicken poo this morning. Skinny little white ones. Not sure what kind they are. Ran up to the feed store and bought 2 different products not knowing which would be better. One on left (Wazine 17) appears to be well known frequently used, add to water, treats roundworms. One on right (Rooster Booster Multi-wormer Triple Action) was intriguing to me because it listed 3 different kinds of worms, you add to feed.

Anyone have experience with either one?
Suggestions?

I have no experience with those particular ones, but i would think that all de-wormers are broad spectrum affairs, so i would not worry which you chose to use. Personally i prefer to use a de-wormer that is added to drinking water - less chance of waste (if it was in food) and a guarantee that all birds will have their share of the medicine.

CT

Back
Top Bottom