WORMS!

AliSnopkowski

Hatching
Nov 4, 2018
Please help help. Found this today. What do I do? What kind of worms are they?

Attachments

• 20190712_094337.jpg
    20190712_094337.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20190712_094316.jpg
    20190712_094316.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 20
Those are roundworms. If you are in the US (having your general location in your profile helps in recommending things) you can get Safeguard Liquid Goat wormer or Valbazen and worm them (Safeguard is usually available at Tractor Supply and some feed stores, Valbazen you may have to order online). Safeguard dose is .23 ml per pound of weight and a second dose 10 days later, for round worms. For other worms it's dosed 5 days in a row. Valbazen dose is .08 ml per pound of weight and then dose again in 10 days. You will need to dose each chicken orally, an oral syringe is easiest (no needle). Pull down on wattles to open the beak, put medication in the front bottom of beak no more than .5 ml at a time (to reduce risk of aspiration), release wattles and let them swallow. Don't squirt it forcefully into their beak.

I bought wazine. Is this good?
Wazine will take care of the large roundworms you saw in the feces. Dosage is one ounce per one gallon of water. Put it out for your birds to drink first thing in the morning prior to letting your birds out of the coop. Then when your birds go to roost for the night, discard the treated water and provide fresh water for them to drink for the next morning. You're done.

FYI, Wazine seems to be disappearing off shelves, my store doesn't have any more. Since roundworms are easy to pick up and easy to be reinfected with, I would plan on using one of the other wormers once your Wazine runs out.

Wazine will take care of the large roundworms you saw in the feces. Dosage is one ounce per one gallon of water. Put it out for your birds to drink first thing in the morning prior to letting your birds out of the coop. Then when your birds go to roost for the night, discard the treated water and provide fresh water for them to drink for the next morning. You're done.
Is there a withdrawal period? Is it lifetime?

Is there a withdrawal period? Is it lifetime?
There's a 14 day slaughter withdrawal period after using wazine. There has been no official testing for egg withdrawal period. We've eaten the eggs after using wazine and I'm still here typing.
As a matter of fact, I used the last of my wazine last week to worm my birds.

Back
Top Bottom