Bostonburbs

In the Brooder
May 16, 2019
Westford, MA
I have looked at the chicken dropping chart, and would love some insight about whether this is intestinal lining or worms? Found this in an overnight dropping under the roost.
If it is worms, advice would be greatly appreciated. Five hens in one coop, two in an adjacent coop. All are about 18 months old.

Attachments

Bostonburbs

In the Brooder
May 16, 2019
Westford, MA
Will wait for more confirmation - thank you for jumping in! One of our hens is nearing the end of antibiotics, in case that would play a factor on intestinal upset.
I have been looking at this info From The Chicken Chick, which is both encouraging and overwhelming. Do you follow de-worming practices on a seasonal schedule?

Last edited:

MysteryChicken

Free Ranging
May 31, 2018
East, Tawas Michigan
Will wait for more confirmation - thank you for jumping in! One of our hens is nearing the end of antibiotics, in case that would play a factor on intestinal upset.
I have been looking at this info From The Chicken Chick, which is both encouraging and overwhelming. Do you follow de-worming practices on a seasonal schedule?
I use a natural dewormer since I'm giving eggs away/selling them, & I don't want to waste any. I actually just started using it recently, like 3 months ago for 3 weeks, & haven't seen anymore worms since using it. My birds also started gaining their weight back too.

Top Bottom