1. bernaboo111

bernaboo111 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi,

I was cleaning my chickens coop when I found these little round white worms. They are about the size of rice. But the only problem is, I don't know which chicken made the worm poop! Is it ok to treat the whole flock since I don't know which chicken is the worm one? Also What kind of worm are these and how do I treat them?

Thanks!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I you certain that they are not maggots that are eating the chicken poop?

3. bernaboo111

I don't know, I have never had to treat chicken worms, so I am very new to this. Like I said, they are the size of rice, white and they move in a snake-like way. Does that help?

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    If they are worms and not maggots, that size of worm is a tapeworm segment, so you'll need to treat them with something that kills tapeworms.

And yes, you can treat the whole flock. How many do you have?

-Kathy

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Sounds more like maggots to me, but we could tell for sure if you posted a picture.

-Kathy

6. bernaboo111

I have 7 RIRs. What would the treatment be? I don't know anything about this, so If you could give me an idea, then that would be great.

7. bernaboo111

I will look for more of those worm things, if I find them I will post a pic.

8. bernaboo111

I finally found some.

[​IMG]

9. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    I'd worm them all with Valbazen. Can't hurt

10. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    That looks like a maggot to me.

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by