Worried about Bone Mass!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PaulaJoAnne, May 24, 2010.

1. PaulaJoAnne

PaulaJoAnne Songster

Jul 30, 2009
    http://www.livingthenourishedlife.com/2010/05/weight-loss-wednesday-who-needs-all.html
    My bones have been bothering me. No, I don't have joint pain or anything. And I think that's becoming a problem. I'm pretty sure eating a balanced diet of real food is increasing my bone mass, and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Seriously, for women bones start gaining density at puberty and bone density will continue to build throughout your lifetime, peaking during your twenties. Do you know what that means?!?! Bone is heavy, and this is going to show up on the scale! I don't think that's going to work for me. I mean, how will I psychologically handle seeing the number on the scale increase? Just walking around knowing I weigh more than other women will torment me to no end.

Do read the whole article. Very thought provoking.​

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Haven't read the article, just the quote but that's interesting considering osteoporosis is a loss in bone density. Wouldn't it be a good thing to stock up?? I'm already taller than alot of women, why not add heavier and more likely to sustain a good bone density while I'm at it.

Edit: Teehee....just read the article. The author and I think alike!

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  3. PaulaJoAnne

PaulaJoAnne Songster

Jul 30, 2009
    I was shocked at how much stronger my bones became a few months after I started drinking raw milk.
    They are rock solid now!
    You can't tell me that processed milk will give you the calcium you need [​IMG]

4. CityChicker

CityChicker Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    How exactly do you know that your bones are stronger? How can you tell? Don't you need some sort of test?

5. PaulaJoAnne

PaulaJoAnne Songster

Jul 30, 2009
    Quote:Well, in the past, if I bumped my shin hard, I could certainly feel a bit of give to it.
    Now, if I bump it, its like hitting a stone!
    Not that I run into stuff all that much anymore.
    Once I figured out I had Celiacs, my clumsy ways all but vanished [​IMG]
    I sure wish I had gotten a full physical prior to my switch to traditional foods.
    Even my tooth decay has healed over the past two years.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: