Worried about going past day 21? I'm not anymore!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by trunkman, Jan 13, 2011.

1. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    I was so worried about my eggs not hatching on day 21, I was very bummed, day 22 came and went, really bummed, then day 23 a single pip in the morning and came home with 2 out of 9. By the end of the night we had 5, and today on day 24 we got 2 more for a total of 7. So if day 21 comes along and nothing, don't give up just watch and wait! [​IMG]

2. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Congtratulations [​IMG]

3. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Totally agree! I was feeling really bummed for the NYD hatch. Everyone else (or at least it seemed) had eggs hatching and mine were just sitting there looking like they had just come out of the hens. I didn't get my first pip until day 22 and my last one that hatched was on day 24 or 25. You just have to wait it out and not pull the plug too soon! Congrats on the new chicks! [​IMG]

4. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    And I have planned 2 days vacation to run through days 23 and 24 to see if my eggs overrun............

5. gitlost80

gitlost80 Trigger Pullet

Mar 27, 2009
    Reno/Sparks
    We need Pictures![​IMG]

6. trunkman

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    Quote:Go on the third page of this topic and click on "they start hatching" by trunkman and see pics and a video on my wifes facebook page if it will let you view it. You'll see pics and video.. [​IMG]

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Congratulations. [​IMG] I won't worry so much if mine don't pip when I think they should. They go into lockdown on tuesday the 17th. Nerves.

8. trunkman

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    Quote:Good luck to you! Post pics when they hatch! [​IMG] sending you hatching vibes! [​IMG]

9. Livinwright Farm

Livinwright Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Carroll County
    Quote:Group 1 of my staggered clutch in our LG, just hit day 25 ... the first one of that group hatched out beautifully this afternoon!!

10. imari2542

imari2542 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2011
    Wow, that's great! Thanks for the info. I wish we had know this earlier.

What kinds of chicks are they?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by