worried about my eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lswatson111304, Nov 16, 2011.

1. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    its day 17. They seem to have changed position and now I see more fluid than before. I see a lot of movement, but still I expected to not see much of anything at all. I'm scared they will drown.

2. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Got any pics? If so, we can give you a good estimate of if the boogers are doing well. [​IMG]

3. Jewels1935

Jewels1935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    I wish I could help, this is my first time with eggs and still learning. Hopefully someone will see this, and help you! Good luck hon.

4. lswatson111304

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    Best pic I could get this morning with my cell phone.
    Now, the first week or so my temps were too low and my humidity too high. (before I got the proper tools to measure!) When I was finally able to I set everything where it should be.
    Not sure if I should consider them a few days earlier and pray they just hatch late, or go into lockdown tomorrow and pray for the best? Like I said they are all moving around well, but it just seems too much floatiness in there..but I honestly have no idea what I'm talking about, this is my first attempt.
    [​IMG]

5. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    That looks like a way younger than lockdown embryo. If those are chicken eggs, the egg will be totally dark except for the air cell. That egg is not lockdown ready.

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I would put it in lockdown. I have had some that I was sure wouldn't hatch and surprise they did. I know it doesn't look fully formed but I would take a chance.

7. CCourson05

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    I can definitely tell you had low temps for a week... However, the air cell looks to be pretty accurate... I would put it in lockdown and wait about a week after the 21 day period. That way it can catch up... [​IMG]

8. lswatson111304

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    so put it in lockdown now? Or keep turning and wait a few more days for lockdown?
    I have a feeling I should order some eggs for when these don't make it...but it makes me sick to think that all these babies are alive and might possibly die. [​IMG]

9. CCourson05

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Put it in lockdown. That is my personal advice... But be patient with them for a few additional days after the 21st day..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by