worried about my rooster after fox attack

Tania888

Hatching
5 Years
May 4, 2014
Last Thursday night we arrived home late after being away 2 nights at our holiday house. I would usually leave my guard dog at home but we decided to treat him and bring him with us. We decided to let our chooks and 2 roosters continue to free range as they put themselves to bed through a very small hole at the bottom of their cage. Friday morning I went to check on chooks and found them all missing apart from a couple left behind dead. I found one of my roosters sitting on back door step barely moving. I took him to the vet as he was awfully quiet and just kept falling asleep almost as if he was severely traumatized (not that I blame him) and the vet said he was in a bit of shock and grieving. I'm just not convinced that is all that is wrong. sometimes he tries to eat and drink, he's not crowing, he isn't roosting up on perch (in his new fox proof cage with 3 new hens) any ideas please? The vet recommended buying him some new girls to help with the grieving which I did the next day. He seemed a little happier when I put them with him but then straight back to being quiet.
Please help!!!

On way to vet

Back
Top Bottom