worried about shipped chicks! :(

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by joe17, Jul 8, 2010.

1. joe17

joe17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    I have ordered some silkie chicks from an awesome breeder (Amy Piehl) and they were shipped yesterday at 1:30. I live near baton rouge and I tracked the shipment and it said they left Baton Rouge this morning at 7:30. I called the PO and they said they didnt get any live shipments. They said they may have accidentally gotten on the delivery truck. They got all the USPS shipments for the day and there were no live shipments from them. I am soo worried with all this heat. I have some that are about two weeks old and ones that are like a week old getting shipped to me. They were shipped with crumble and oranges. What are there chances of making it to me? I am just being paranoid I know. They should be fine but Im still worried =/ About 13 or more have been shipped to me to so its probably really hot for them.

2. Tylt33

Tylt33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Chico, California
    My day-olds shipped last week from Texas to Northern California. After roughly 48 hours in 90+ degree weather I only lost one, and it was due to him getting tangled up in the bedding. Your chicks should be ok!

3. joe17

joe17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    Thanks so much! That makes me feel much better. The breeder was so nice to add a lot of extra so in case I loose a few, I will still get the amount that I want. I still hope they all live! Wish my little chickies luck!

4. Peep Talk

Peep Talk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    I wish you the best of luck! I had a shipment of chickies coming from West Virginia that shipped out on Tuesday...they were promised to be here by 3pm today. They didn't get here and msheets and I started freaking out. Come to find out an hour later, they called her and told her that the shipment had been returned to her because of the heat. I hope this didn't happen to you, but it's always possible. Fingers crossed that you get your peeps tomorrow and that they are all alright! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Those ages of chicks should never been accepted at the post office for mailing. I hope they make it to you ok.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by