worried about sick chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by eggy n nibbler, Jul 24, 2011.

1. eggy n nibbler

eggy n nibbler Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2010
    hello my sussex chicken eggy is nearly 9 months old she has been laying her eggs which is great but i have noticed that one of her legs are sore and when you go near her she makes a funny nose and she hardly walks around outside anymore i have to take her out just so she gets some exercise and some food the 4 other layer chickens are picking on her also. im worried that is something really wrong with her cos she has never acted this way i have taken her to a vet they gave her some antibotic for the pain in her leg but she doesnt seem to be getting any better im worried about my poor chicken what could be wrong with her????

please help me anyone if you have any idea what could be wrong and how to fix her

2. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    What did the vet say about her leg?

3. eggy n nibbler

Dec 13, 2010
    that she might have sprained it from running from something chasing her but he said that she would be ok so im confused and worried about my little girl

4. eggy n nibbler

Dec 13, 2010
    well i have taken her out of the coop where they lay their eggs and got the 4 older chickens out in the back yard and closed them eggy in with another chicken her best friend and hopefully she will eat drink and groom like normal again and now the other chickens are out she can get better quickly and not make me so worried. and this is my first time having chickens aswell

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by