Worried again

luvzmybabz

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
I have 14 eggs in the incubator today is day 21 on day 18 and 19 they were rocking, yesterday nothing I spent hours looking for movement and still nothing not a pip no rocking nothing. I can not figure this out I should be crowned the chick killer.

Kasi

Awww, Kasi....
hugs.gif
have faith! All that rocking was the chicks getting in the right position to pip! Now they are resting for the big day....it will come....be patient...and get that camera ready!!

Kasi,
If today is day 21, I would not worry. Sometimes they are just to big and can't move anymore in the egg. You should be lucky. I had one of my eggs moving up a storm and then 2 days later just died in the egg, while my other eggs that were not doing anything hatched beautiful and healthy baby chicks!!
gig.gif

I know it is hard to wait...but dont worry they will be here! Have you candled at all?

fl.gif
here's to a healthy batch of fuzzy buts!

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

At day 14 they were all vigoriouly moving around at day 18 they weren't all moving as far as I could tell but they took up most of the eggs and I know it is hard to see with them taking up so much of the egg.

Kasi

Don't give up yet, like others said some that were moving early one didn't hatch or took forever while others that I never saw move popped right out.

Last edited:
Hi, you are going to see more movement at day 14 because the chicks have more room to move. Try tapping lightly on the bator and see if you hear pips.

I wouldn't hear pipping if they were I have 13 6 1/2 week old chicks in the living room that is right beside that room. and 3 kids and 2 other adults that make as much noise as the kids. My house is blaring from 6:30am till 11:00pm.

Kasi

OK in 5 hours it will be day 22 and I finally have a pip YEEHAW! (yes I am a redneck).

Don't get discouraged - have faith! Hopefully they will all arrive soon.

My guys didn't really start hatching in earnest until day 22 and there were some still appearing on day 23...

Back
Top Bottom