1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Worried bout my chick holding her poo...I know-weird...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thndrdancr, Apr 18, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Ok, this is a strange question. I have my biggest EE chick, that is very tidy. So...I have them in a big box in the kitchen with newspapers/pine shavings.
    She has gotten to where she is "holding" it to go potty, til I let her out....(with THIS behavior I am wondering if I could teach her to go in a box or something, but anyhow, hates to soil herself so I am rather worried bout that fact.
    I just now let her out and she went and went and went three times in 30 seconds.
    Oh and whomever answered bout the gape, I think you were right, it was probably not enuff grit, cuz she passed that worm almost whole in her stool. I checked into the grit at the feed store and the one they had was only for 8 week olds or older.
    So do I need to get some at the pet store to get parakeet grit?
    Has anyone had a chick this neat??? urghhhh....

2. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    I have a chick that will "hold it" for an hour or more while sitting on our laps. She's the only one to do this of the bunch. She'll squirm a bit when she needs to get down to go, and then she hops right back up on our laps! [​IMG] She also watches where she walks and tries not to step in anyone elses poo either! [​IMG]

I would try to potty train her! I've hear it can been done. Good luck with Mrs. Clean! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by