Worried Sick,should I give up???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FluffyColor, Aug 31, 2009.

1. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Hello,
    I am doing an experiment on Cage-Free Store Bought Eggs.I am on Day 3 and really worried.The threads i've read on here are discouraging me more every second.And today the eggs are starting to smell!!Should I giive up???I really don't want to be the obly one hatching that doesn't have any chicks.If I get no answers or mostly "no chance"answers by tonight I'm giving up.[​IMG] HELP!!!!!!!!!

2. Mrs.Puff

Mrs.Puff Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Southern Iowa
    EEEWWWW. Throw those eggs out! They are rotten.

3. FluffyColor

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Mrs.Puff :

EEEWWWW. Throw those eggs out! They are rotten.

They don't smell BAD.They just have a smell.And eggs from a friend of mine had the same smell....before 14 of them hatched.​

4. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    OMG, you are only on Day 3 -- give them at least till Day 10 when you can candle them and see what's going on. What could it hurt -- a week, just a scant seven days. If you toss in the towel now yo may be tossing viable babies.

Jenny

5. FluffyColor

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    But they are store bought.From WalMart.

6. Mrs.Puff

Mrs.Puff Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Southern Iowa
    Yeah, day three is pretty early. Eggs do sometimes have a little bit of a funny smell, but rotten eggs are REALLY stinky. By day 7 you should be able to candle and see a chick starting to form. If the egg looks cloudy, it's a stinker. IF you are seriously impatient, you can crack one open to look, but I wouldn't do this unless you want to cry (either from the smell, or the death of your little live chickie).

7. FluffyColor

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Do you really think i'm impaitent enough to crack one open???And then I open it to find veins.It's day three.I'm not going to call it quits until Sept.24 (Day 26).So should I just ignore all the discouraging threads and hope for the best??

8. jthayerkatz

jthayerkatz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Holland, MA
    hope for the best until there is no hope left, I NEVER remove an egg until day ten with no development.
    Be strong and keep going!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by