worried

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by raspeary, Apr 15, 2009.

1. raspeary

raspeary Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Cortland New York
    [​IMG]

I'm a little concerned about how one of my chicks is laying. He is laying with one leg out and kind of on the side. When it's standing up it is fine and it doesn't look like anything is wrong. Should i be concerned or is this natural?

Thanks.

Mama of 4 Cornish Rocks and 2 Assorted Reds

2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Sometimes chicks will "sunbathe" under the heat lamp. As long as he can get up and walk around just fine, then there doesn't seem to be anything to worry about. [​IMG]

3. raspeary

raspeary Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Cortland New York
    Thank you. I think i am just overly concerned because this is my first time raising chickens on my own. Silly thing is, my brother used to raise chickens when we were both teens, so not my first time around them. I just nevder took interest in them till now. Thanks again, I feel a little better.

4. mrsgibber

mrsgibber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    When mine first did that after a pine shavings bath I almost freaked cause it went down on one side, stuck it's leg out and then started almost twitching. Of course nothing was wrong when I grabbed the poor thing and made it walk after it had just gotten comfortable. Funny how much we worry over these little guys. [​IMG]

5. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    [​IMG] My quails stretch out like they're dead... freaks me out every time, but then they jump up when you reach in and look at you like "Whaaaat?" [​IMG]

6. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Don't worry, they are just being comfy cozy!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by