Worried!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dbc, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Dbc

Dbc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2011
    Today is day 21 and i ahvent seen any action and im starting to get a little worried! What should i do? I just really want them to hatch!

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Wait....

You just have to wait....

If you had any days of lower temps during incubation, your hatch will be a day or 2 late. Many have had chicks hatch 4-5 days from hatch date. Don't open the incubator and just be patient.

3. Dbc

Jun 3, 2011
    What if my water is getting low in there becasue i have to put the water in it?

4. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Quote:I would check for any pips then open it as quick as you can. One lady suggested putting a damp towel draped over the incubator to help keep the humidity high. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Dbc

Jun 3, 2011
    I know im not suppose to do this but i looked at them during lockdown! They qwere completely black! And that was two days ago! Should i worry? Also i could see the other ones moving!! I just really want them to hatcgh becasue i love them and i have been waiting three wekks for this day!

6. Dbc

Jun 3, 2011
    I wonder what th4e longest hatch time is before! Like how long ahs it taken a chicken egg to hatch! Becasue i am really wanting these chicks to hatch!!

7. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Floridachicken1958

Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    If you was to open the bator make sure to have a spray bottle handy with warm water in it and spray once to get the humidity back up then close bator back up and you should have no problem. But only open bator just to add water and nothing else. GOODLUCK!!! [​IMG]

9. Dbc

Jun 3, 2011
    Do y'all all think that my chicks will still hatch even though today is day 21

10. Floridachicken1958

Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    If it were me I would give them 5 more days just in case cause temp might have not been right up to day 21.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by