Worst air cell damage I have ever seen, day 18 the chick is still alive

Mandymooligan

Songster
8 Years
Mar 18, 2011
Chino Valley, AZ
I have an egg with an aircell that goes all the way down from top to bottom and a little up the other side. It almost encircles the entire egg vertically. I have been thinking of tossing it but when I candle it the veins still appeared red. Today is day 18. I went into a very dark room and candled it and saw no movement at first, then right when I was giving up on it I saw a little movement, I could not believe it. I will get photos tonight when hubby is here to hold it when I snap a photo. If this egg hatches I will be blown away.

My last hatch was shipped eggs, and 6/7 had terrible, terrible air cells. 6/7 hatched.

I can't wait to see your picture. I know I've shown it before, but I'll show you one of my bad air cells. The chick in this hatched on its' own just fine, and is perfectly healthy.

I actually have some just like that too but this one I am talking about goes all the way from top to the bottom and up the other side. I tried something new on these eggs with the broken air cells and it seems to be working for me this time, last time I had 4 out of 36 hatch, this time I am going into lock down with 18 out of 36, both batches had 100% broken air cells most were sloshers. I do not blame the seller as the eggs were well packaged and very fresh and healthy looking. Bad on the post office. If I get a good hatch I will give my step by step procedure I used.
fl.gif
bow.gif

Well, it has been another lesson in failure. I have one that was all twisted in the egg and has a crossed beak and one eye, and several died before pipping. I still have a few more to go. I hatched them along side my home grown which are doing great so I know it was not my incubater. The lesson for me is you can't get chicks out of scrambled eggs. What a disappointment.

I'm so sorry. I had a horrible attempt at all bad air cells. All had started to develop, but they slowly died off as the days went by. I had some damage with my last shipped eggs as well, but miraculously out of 8 eggs, 5 hatched under my broody!
Right now I have 3 eggs left after 6 being shipped...again, bad cells. I'm on day 19, but they were stunted because my incubator wont stay stable with this crazy texas weather.

Back
Top Bottom