Worst Dentist experience EVER!!! Protect people you love!

erijn5

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
South Central IL
And here is a reason why people do not go to the DENTIST!
rant.gif

So a 1 1/2yr ago I chipped of a molar. I go to the dentist and he says I can pull it or root canal it. But it was fine for now. So he put some concrete stuff in it and I ventured on through life.

A wk ago I I was brushing away and the cement fell out. Then a couple mornings later I realized that maybe in my sleep I must have ground my teeth in my sleep or something and broke more of it off.
barnie.gif
Now I had 1/2 a tooth and a sharp edge that was cutting my cheek and tongue. Great!
he.gif

So I make the dentist appt. they get me in yesterday. I go in, same doc. good I think to myself. I had told the recept. after he pulled the tooth and had time he could fill my 2 cavities if he wished. So I'm sitting in the chair and he is looking in my mouth and decides to fill the cav. first, 3 now...ok. So he starts drilling away, mind you I have never had a cavity before so I was not aware that you were suppose to have some kind of numb'r first. So he does the top one, fine, then he starts on the 2 that are both in the same tooth (molar)...oh my did that one hurt, it felt like he was hitting the nerve. He said "IF YOU DON'T QUIT MOVING i'M GOING TO GO DEEPER THAN I NEED TO AND YOUR GOING TO BE MAD!" Hello it hurt
somad.gif

Anyway, so then he puts the filler in it, and walks off not saying anything and goes to the next room to work on someone else why mine is setting I guess. Comes back, Gets the sander and sands the top tooth, hitting the gums and you smell the burning flesh!! I flench as anyone would, "YOU NEED TO QUIT MOVING!" "OR I'M GOING TO HIT IT WORST AND THEN YOU WILL REALLY BE SQUIRMING" I'm thinking OMG whose is this guy!
duc.gif

Starts working on the bottom one sanding, it feels like he is sticking a needle in the middle of the tooth, by now I'm
he.gif

So naturally I'm pushing my tongue up, he is pushing my tongue down, lady lady is no longer sucking my spit, so now I'm drowning in it! He says to me "THE HARDER YOU PUSH YOUR TONGUE THE HARDER I'M GOING TO PUSH DOWN, IF I HAVE TO I WILL PUSH IT DOWN YOUR THROAT" I'm thinking get me out of here away from this crazy man!

While pushing my tongue down my throat he and his nurse has a conversation like I'm not even there on how "PEOPLE SHOULD SELF MEDICATE THROUGH ALCOHOL OR PRESCRIPTION DRUGS TO RELAX IF THEY THINK THEY ARE GOING TO BE THIS DIFFICULT, OR IF THEY WERE REG. PATIENTS THEY WOULD KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT AND NOT HAVE SUCH WHITE KNUCKLES, AND THAT IT IS PEOPLE LIKE ME THAT MAKE HIS DAY SLOWER AND HE COULD GET THROUGH MANY MORE PATIENTS IF I WOULD JUST COOPERATE, YOU KNOW THERE IS A WAITING LIST FOR HIS SERVICES"

He gets done and walks off, the lady is like "YOU ARE DONE" I go "Is he not going to fix the tooth I came in for?" "NO HE IS IRRITATED AND HE IS NOT COMING BACK IN HERE, SO YOU NEED TO GET UP AND GET OUT OF THIS CHAIR BECAUSE WE HAVE OTHER CLIENTS WAITING TO USE THIS ROOM" I say "R U Serious?" "YES YOU NEED TO GET OUT AND BESIDES THAT YOU HAVE TO GET YOUR TEETH CLEANED BEFORE HE WILL PULL THAT TOOTH YOU NEED TO MAKE THAT APPT." I get up and walk out, go to the recep. tell her, I did not get what I came in for, so why did I even come? And to watch it cause her boss was IRRITATED!!!!

No worries I will not be going back there anymore. Word of mouth is terrible, no referrrels here, EVER! This is the reason Why people do not go to the dentist! WATCH YOUR CHILDREN PEOPLE THEIR ARE CRAZY PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT WILL MAKE YOUR CHILDREN SCARED OF THE DENTIST!!!
rant.gif

wow that sounds terrible, i wouldnt have put up with it, i wouldve punched that dentist in the stomach when he threatened to push my tongue down my throat, but thats just me

I HATE HATE HATE the dentist. More so because I have an issue with people being inside my "bubble." I will not go to a dentist that does not give gas. Ever. I bring a blindfold (lol) and ask questions before they start. Such as, "what exactly are you doing to my teeth today?" "Will you please use something to numb my gums first?" "Do you have a problem with me wanting the gas turned all the way up?" If they look at me funny through any of my questions, or get any sort of tone (real or imagined) I get up and leave.

I have to say though, ever since I realized I have "bubble" issue and tell them, they go out of their way to make me as comfortable as possible.
big_smile.png

And I'm awful talking about myself and not even empathizing with what you went through. I'm sorry, it was such a bad experience for you. There are good dentists out there, it just takes time sometimes to find the right one.
hugs.gif

PERKS ABOUT THIS EXPERIENCE: SARCASIM INTENDED!

TONGUE IS KILLING ME TODAY!
FILLING IS TOTALLY UNEVEN CAUSE HE NEVER CARED TO CHECK IT!
MENTAL STRESS
DENTIST PHOBEA!

OH YES, AND CAN I NOT FORGET TOOTH IS STILL CUTTING MY TONGUE, AND CHEEK!!!! AND STILL IN MY MOUTH!!!

somad.gif
he.gif
rant.gif
duc.gif

Last edited:
sounds like this was your dentist

ETA: I don't do well in the dentist chair and I had to have some work done that the dentist promised I would be drugged for. He didn't drug me, I was crying and he didn't even acknowledge that I was in distress.

I have a new dentist.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom