Worst feeling ever.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by little_grey_bantam, Jan 26, 2010.

1. little_grey_bantam

little_grey_bantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    Last week while I was moving eggs off the turner, I dropped one. I had a miniature heart attack then. The little chick inside the egg was still alive... I thought REALLY hard about ducktaping it... or super gluing it... or something!!!! meh.
    Anyways, I did pretty good.

I had originally placed 28 eggs there between 1-3 days and had 19 hatch out, the 1 I dropped, 1 that I bumped into the incubator and thus caused the chick to dry out and die inside [​IMG] and then I have another 5 that are pipped before I left yesterday. Waiting to go home and see... so far 26 out of 28. Not too bad.

Then I placed another 14 eggs in the incubator up too a week later [​IMG] these were a heck of a lot older, but since I was just going to eat them, I thought What the heck! Might as well try!

My OEGB mix chick hatched out! I thought he wasn't going to make it there... it took him over a day and a half to get out! He's aout 1/3 of everyone else! And I accidentally threw in a Wellsummer/Speckled Sussex egg, but boy is he cute! Everyone is Marans of somesort (BCM, CM, etc.).

YAY! However, I still feel bad for my two casualities! Stupid me [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. steelersfan43

steelersfan43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    NE IN
    aww, don't be too hard on yourself. Accidents do happen. I would love to see a couple pics of your progress if you have any available [​IMG]

3. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Definitely accidents happen.[​IMG]

4. KKatknap

KKatknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Albany, OR
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I feel for you. I would have bawled my eyes out. But they're right...and it's so much easier to say it when it isn't me...accidents happen.

Good for you on the rest!! [​IMG]

And I will second the request for pics! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by