Worst gift ever?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rainplace, Nov 24, 2009.

1. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

NPR was talking about this earlier while I was at work so I thought I'd ask it here.

What's the worst gift you have ever given or been given?

I'll start.

The worst gift I've ever received: My ex-husband regifted to me the gift his company gave to him... a salad bowl. He hadn't bothered to rewrap either, it still had his name on it.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

A hot pink vinyl wallet from my aunt. She had always had SUCH good taste in the past - that thing threw me for a loop. She has been hit and miss since then!

3. rnoyster

rnoyster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Conway, South Carolina
    The worst gift I ever saw went to my ex-wife from my Mother. She gave her some Avon hand cream that was so old that the plastic tube that the cream was in was covered with nicotine from Mom and Dad smoking in the house. I was so mad that I couldn't talk!

4. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

My grandma - who knows that I detest pink, once gifted me a light/baby pink sweatshirt/jacket. I sent it to goodwill.

Since then we have discussed our hatred for pink, so I guess she just forgot???? Normally her mind works great, but I guess old age does strange things.

5. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    I once received three of the same thing from three diferent people.

6. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    My brother used to give me a generic roll of scotch tape every Christmas. [​IMG]

7. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    From various MILs' (I've had 3)

Electric shaver (I get waxed monthly, it wasn't a hint she did it to be mean)
    Iron (her son only wore tshirts and jeans, what's to iron?
    Crockpot (turned out useful)
    ugly holiday sweaters (tip, I don't wear clothes that require batteries)
    A bunch of nursery furnature (she wanted grandchildren and was trying to be subtile, we'd miscarried in October, and hadn't told anyone)

8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    My MIL
    I admired a coffee cup once that was deep and big and sturdy. (Coffee was bad - I was remembering my manners to compliment something.
    So for Christmas she gave them to me even though they were chipped and stained, some were glued together and she threw in the ones that were broken but she had not glued back together yet.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Dementia?

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

From the hubby

A new pair of black rubber chore boots for the umpteenth year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by