worst thanksgiving ever

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by agnes_day, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    it really was..we were driving back from oklahoma city on route 66 on thanksgiving evening, and we got pulled over for speeding..but we werent even speeding! the best part was how they actually hauled my husband off to jail, and they kept him until monday! i had to go back down there to pay the ticket. its not like he has a record, i still cant believe that.
    [​IMG]

2. karl lutz

karl lutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    I wonder if you hooked up with barney but there was no Andy to interfere and make things fair.

3. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    Im so sorry this happened to you all [​IMG]

4. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

You cant be serious? Jail for speeding? Was there identity confusion? Did they think he was an escaped convict?

I think I will be avoiding Oklahoma... gah!

5. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    yep...we were driving along..and we saw his lights from a great distance..and we pulled off the road because we figured he was on his way to a call but no..he jumped out of the car, and didnt even tell us what the deal was. he got the vin number, ran everything and then arrested him! it was really awesome too, when i had to drive home in the dark and ended up getting lost on this creepy back road.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's par for the course if you get a ticket out of state and you don't have the money to pay for the ticket. My Dad used to drive log trucks and the big fear was that he would get pulled over in Michigan. Same thing - he would have gone to jail if he couldn't pay the ticket on the spot.

7. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    Quote:oh yeah, just for speeding, even though were werent speeding! they sure acted like he was an escaped convict..they wouldnt even let me get directions from him before they hauled him away! i asked them for directions and he laughed and said to get on the turnpike..great, but i had no clue where i was or anything. it was so weird! i wonder if its because my husband has long hair..i dont know, but this guy had a chip on his shoulder, thats for sure.

8. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    Quote:That is very strange to spend a weekend in jail for only speeding. I do see that Luther, Ok is known for speed traps...did it happen close to there? I guess the bright part is you were not in a third-world country where he may have been hauled off to jail and never heard from again...gotta seek the silver linings. [​IMG] Best wishes that the Christmas season will be much better for you all.

Ed

9. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    Quote:that is the absolute worst part..i had cash in hand and i still had to wait until monday!

[​IMG]

10. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    Quote:That is very strange to spend a weekend in jail for only speeding. I do see that Luther, Ok is known for speed traps...did it happen close to there? I guess the bright part is you were not in a third-world country where he may have been hauled off to jail and never heard from again...gotta seek the silver linings. [​IMG] Best wishes that the Christmas season will be much better for you all.

Ed

uncanny! that is exactly where we were, according to my now free husband. they even put him in on the high security floor with armed robbers and murderers and stuff..ive never seen someone so glad to go back to work, thats for sure. it was just severe overkill, in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by