Would a carbon dioxide incubator work for poultry eggs?

allaboutdemchicks

Chapel Farms
11 Years
Sep 13, 2008
Jemison, AL
Here it is: http://bham.craigslist.org/grd/944088995.html

I
contacted the man and this is his response to a few questions he had for me:

"Hey,
Claudia, I'll give you what info I have on the incubator. The incubator is mine but it belonged to my father in law. He owned and operated a pet shop for 30 years. He has since passed away. I personally have not used it but I did turn it on and it warmed up. I know he used it to hatch about near every kind of bird egg. Mostly chicken eggs because he raised and showed chickens.
1.It does not have an auto turner.
2.I would say it would probably hold a couple of 100 eggs unless they were ostrich eggs. But i'm no expert. Has 3 trays.
3.Hotpack Carbon Dioxide Incubator.
4.Hotpack Corp. Philadelphia Pa. 19135
5 Model No- 351816
6.Serial no.- 55533
7.110 elec.
8. Sent some pics of control panel
E-mail me back if still interested"

The problem is that I have found nothing regarding hatching of poultry eggs doing internet searches on this type of incubator. I think it works the same, just no Co2 hooked to the incubator.

Anybody have any experience in this???? Claudia

No words of wisdom...but wow, looks neat! Let us know how it pans out
wink.png

I bet you could incubate Jack 'n the Beanstalk's golden eggs with that thing....but I am intimidated by it's many functions. Heres what I'm guessing- it's actually used in labs for the incubation and sterilazation of viruses and various forms of bacteria. Hence the need for the Co2. No Co2 and you have a standard incubator. But for the life of me I can't find anything on the internet about anyone using it for chicken eggs, NOT that it wouldn't be perfect for this!! I'm not sure how well it holds humidity at a certain level, fresh airflow, as well as the constaint temps. But I do think its a forced air. Whew, above my head on this piece of equipment!

Back
Top Bottom