Would a regular pencil work to mark eggs in the incubator?

olijo123

Songster
8 Years
Jun 10, 2013
WV
Hi everybody! This is probably a dumb question...., but can you mark eggs with a regular pencil before putting them in the incubator? I hatched eggs for the first time last year, but they were all the same breed. This year I am hatching some eggs that are a mixture of breeds, so I want to be able to know which is which. I know it might be a weird question, but I have heard so many different things about using certain things to mark them. Lol So can I use a regular pencil? Or something else?
idunno.gif
Thank you!
thumbsup.gif

Regular pencil is fine, a lot of people use permanent Sharpie Marker too, so you don't have to press as hard. I use pencil, O
Thanks for your help! I am hatching a mix of Silkies, Old English Game bantams, and a few other breeds. So thank you!

Yup, I've used pencil for years. I've also bought local hatching eggs with dates written on them with sharpie marker and they hatched just fine.

Yup, I've used pencil for years. I've also bought local hatching eggs with dates written on them with sharpie marker and they hatched just fine.
Okay Thanks! I wasn't real sure, I just wanted to be on the safe side!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom