Would any of these be good to enter into the Fair?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BookWorm243, Aug 3, 2011.

1. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Okay,
    So my moms, friends daughter wants to show a bird in the fair and would like to use one of my bantams. Which I am fine with but I have no clue if any of them are even worth trying to show [​IMG] I currently have 6 bantams but I know for sure 3 of them came from a hatchery and I am sure these ones did as well. Anyway, what do you guys think? I haven't look into it because I wasn't planning on showing these, they are just my 'pet' flock [​IMG] If they aren't really worth showing thats fine, I just need to know so I can start looking [​IMG]
    Thanks!

Jane
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ginger & Lacy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Fairs rarely ever truly judge by the APA or ABA standard, so I'd say you're good with any of your girls, just as long as their feathers are in good condition, are not broken or too many missing, and the bird is in overall good health. [​IMG]

Love Lacy btw.

3. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Thanks, I was just wondering if there was anything that jumped out that wouldn't make them good for showing [​IMG]

Oh BTW Lacy loves to have her picture taken. She will pose for the camera [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  4. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:X2............... yours should do well in that respect as they look Ok for a county fair, the OE's should do well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by