Would anyone be willing to sell me a dose of BoSe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hound

Songster
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
My poor calf is getting more and more bow-legged, but our vet is out of BoSe and not exactly hurrying to order some more. If I could just buy one dose and pay for the shipping too we'd both appreciate it! It's just too chaotic now to try and trailer him 100 miles to another vet
sad.png

Would the farther vet mail you some if you pay over the phone with a credit card? Also might be able to order some from a cattle site on line....tractor supply, valleyvet.com etc.

Good luck!

well, crap i had some a few months ago but since we didnt hardly use it and it was set to expire in april i gave it to a friend good luck!

I am quite familiar with what a prescription is thank you. I'd rather treat this animal than let it deteriorate while the vet drags his feet. Thanks so much for your help.

God forbid I should become a selenium junkie
roll.png

I was not sure what it was that you were after....have not heard of that before. If selenium is what you need we get that at our local feed store and give it to our calves once then salt after that they are usually fine. It is a liquid and you give it in a shot too. So maybe try the feed store....I go to Big R here and Dells. Big R has it not sure about Dells. Did you look on Tractor Supply?

I have been trying to feed him out of it with a human selenium supplement made into a paste with vitamin E, but to no avail. BoSe is an injectable form of selenium and vitamin E. I think he is too deficient for dietary supplementation to work. The deficiency causes White Muscle Disease, which is basically bovine muscular dystrophy. It is a frustrating situation because one shot could cure him.

I looked in TSC today but they didn't have anything that would do any more than the paste I made up.

Do you want me to get a small bottle I think it is $10 to send you....I don't have any on hand. I can look tomorrow at big r. It is straight selenium though, I think and it is inject-able. I did not buy any our neighbor gave our calves a shot of it for us...if nothing else maybe I can get a shot of it from him?

I am quite familiar with what a prescription is thank you. I'd rather treat this animal than let it deteriorate while the vet drags his feet. Thanks so much for your help.

God forbid I should become a selenium junkie

Then you should also be aware that it's not legal to dispense the drug without one

If you'd rather sit around and hope someone will send you some ILLEGALLY rather than buy it yourself LEGALLY, that's your choice.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom