would anyone care to show off there beautiful landscapes....!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thechickenguy, Sep 10, 2010.

1. thechickenguy

thechickenguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    i would like some ideas about how i would like my landscape when i get my own house.
    thanks. the chicken guy.

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG]
    maybe a koi pond? or catfish pond.
    [​IMG]
    a few trees for accent.
    [​IMG]
    You must have a flag!
    [​IMG]
    & a bird feeder
    [​IMG]
    How about a rock garden?
    [​IMG]
    No landscape is complete without a stallion statue!

3. thechickenguy

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    that sure looks nice. thanks for posting!

4. Sir Birdaholic

Remember, go small! [​IMG] It takes FOREVER to take care of my place! [​IMG]

5. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    I posted this on The EasyGarden forum the other day...

While looking for an old photo to show someone, I ran across this old photo of the front yard of my house from 2005.
    [​IMG]

And then this one of my beginning of removing the lawn, putting in a pathway and just having garden beds.

[​IMG]

Putting in flagstone April 2007
    [​IMG]

Here it is 5 months later, the dichondra has filled in between the flagstones, and I grew a Sunflower arch covered with Morning Glories that year.

[​IMG]

and the other day I posted what it looks like now...
    [​IMG]

It sure has changed over the past five years.

In my back garden things are always changing...
    One thing that had to go was a tree stump that had been in the way in the back garden for almost 20 years.

[​IMG]
    Here is a photo of me with the saw after cutting it down, it took 2 whole hours to cut that stump off!!
    It was petrified!! The tree had been hit by lightning and that is what killed it.

[​IMG]

For a few years it had served as a the base for a scarecrow in the vegetable garden.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This last spring I planted some Morning gloriy seeds at the base of the stump and it looked pretty festive with flowers in it's hair for it's last photo with it's face on.

[​IMG]

I put the face on one of the big pine trees in the backyard
    [​IMG]

Here is a close up of his new location, he looks happier I think...
    [​IMG]

The day after putting the face on the pine tree, I was on the phone to my daughter, and I was telling her about moving the face, she said to take a picture for her, I got the camera out, and I noticed... his nose was now running!!

[​IMG]

Poor thing... maybe he caught a cold being up so high now.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

6. thechickenguy

Jun 15, 2010
    woodsfield ohio 43793
    oh yes. and thank you for taking time to post. i like your yard very much. one of my favorite flowers is the morning glorie. i just love them. ive got 90 different seed packets for $5 about a month ago. 90% off. even though i dont have my own place and since im going to be breeding and selling my chickens all spring and summer i figured i would plant plant plant plant plant flowers all over the place around my coop and in the fall when im done selling eggs my chickens can free range again.! i love flowers.

7. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Quote:Be careful with Morning Glories... They are considered Poisonous. In fact, it is a good idea to look up which plants/flowers would be ok to plant near the chicken coop.

8. Sir Birdaholic

Quote:Be careful with Morning Glories... They are considered Poisonous. In fact, it is a good idea to look up which plants/flowers would be ok to plant near the chicken coop.

They shouldn't kill your chickens, unless they eat ALOT, but I bet they get HIGH! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    birdaholic.....my favorite picture you posted was the one with the stella de ora lillies.....all were beautiful but that was my favorite!

I am going to go find some pics and post them....I love flowers and have iris everywhere. Many were from ditches on the mountain I live on....no one loved them so I brought them home with me!

10. Sir Birdaholic

Quote:Ha, that was an old iron gate post we couldn't remove, so a weather vane & stellas went in to hide it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by