1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Would anyone happen to have? (NE PA)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SterlingAcres, Jul 18, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    One of those PetSafe Radio Collar units? I've been looking and can only find them at HomeDepot and PetSmart, but they're $300. We're adopting another dog this week ( [​IMG] ) and we'll really need it. I don't want to have to keep the dog tied up, but I can't let him run either since we're right off the road.

Thanks in advance!! [​IMG]

2. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    Check out Craigslist. I've 2 listed there before. [​IMG]

3. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I've been looking and I've only seen one decent one... Ugh :|

4. asa

asa Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2008
    Woodstock Ga
    I used to work at Petsmart. If you print off the price for it online from Petsmart.com, the store should match it. It has to be from the Petsmart website, they will not match anyone else. It might save you a few bucks if you get stuck buying one from the store.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  5. mom wewantchicks!

mom wewantchicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    i have one! im not exactly sure of the brand name on it but it came from lowes. you can always buy the extra wire and flags at lowes,since we have already used most of that! i'll find out exactly what brand it is and let you know!

6. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Shellie...If you are just looking for the collars, I have several of the "regular" dog petsafe collars for use with the underground wire fencing. We got them for our dogs, but had to upgrade to the "stubborn" dog collars, so I have at least 3 floating around. Or are you talking about the whole kit (charger, wire, etc.)?? Let me know.

Leah

7. mom wewantchicks!

mom wewantchicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    ok i looked, it is the petsafe brand you would buy at lowes. we didnt have much luck with it we where trying to use it on a full grown lab! might have better luck if you train a puppy with it! pm me and let me know if your interested!!

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I have the collar and unit. My husband never got around to installing it, so I had a professional do it, and he would only use his system. Do you need the whole thing or just the collar?

Sara

9. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I need the whole system. I would rather have the wireless setup, since it's movable and covers up to half an acre. But I also need it for cheap since I've got so much to replace and fix around here. I was offered one for $200, but I don't even have the extra money for that right now. So, if anyone can give me one for super cheap, I'm game. I need 2 collars preferably, but it won't kill me to buy an additional collar if I have too.
    Thanks.

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Mine isn't wireless, but I might be able to make you a good deal just to get rid of it. I only have one collar. If you don't find a wireless one, and want it let me know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by