Would anyone recommend getting a "100.00 power washer"

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jmc, May 27, 2010.

1. jmc

jmc Songster

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    I have read plenty of bad reviews of those 'one hundred dollar' jobs. those good reviews i've read seem to be mostly from people who haven't owned them too long. has anyone owned one of those Karcher (Walmart), Task Force (Lowe's--heard these are JUNK), or Campbell Hausfeld washers? would anyone recommend one? but i might not take too seriously the recommendations of those who have owned one for less than a year!!!

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    The Consumer Report gave BAD reveiws on those washers...........get away from those!

3. sacrifice

sacrifice Songster

Mar 29, 2010
    Caldwell, ID
    Karcher = Junk - I had one that lasted for about 5 uses and when used it was way underpowered to do anything well. When it broke I spend the $'s and bought a good gas washer with a Honda engine - has worked great for the past three years.

4. seedcorn

seedcorn Songster

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    junk. save your money and buy a good one.

5. jmc

jmc Songster

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    gee! why am i not surprised at these replies?! thanks folks!

6. ChixMama

ChixMama Songster

Jan 26, 2010
    Central Texas
    When we were looking for a power washer so were some friends of ours. We decided to purchase a pricier model and share it--instead of us each getting a $200 model we bought a $400 model together and it works great! It takes turns staying at our homes and it's always available when we need to clean driveways, freshen up fences, decks, etc. Do you have someone you could co-own one with? I wouldn't recommend it with just anyone, but with someone you know well who takes pride in things they own by taking good care of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: