Would-be Cochin Owner From Minnesota

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NorthCoastChick, Nov 25, 2009.

1. NorthCoastChick

NorthCoastChick Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2009
    Minnesota Arrowhead
    I'm a 30 year old female from far Northeastern MN. My boyfriend and I built a house on 5 acres of woodland and I'm very interested in raising chickens. I'm just lurking around the forums now, gathering information, and falling in love with Cochins in particular. I do want to raise chickens for meat, but after seeing the photos and hearing the stories of pet chickens, I know it will be a challenge. Anyway, I'll be around here often, even if I have nothing intelligent to post for awhile! I'm a little concerned about building a coop to keep out the cold MN winter weather while still allowing for ventilation...
    On a side note, my other obsession is Great Danes, and I have a 4 year old blue male. Here's a link to his website if any of you are interested in the furry, as well as the feathered!

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Welcome to BYC, from Cape Cod.

PS: for good info on coops in cold weather areas, go to CityChook's personal page here. On that blue line on this page, look for "User List".
    Type in "CityChook" and click. Then scroll down to find the link to her page.

She's a great person, very fun and informative.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  3. muttly

muttly Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2009
    wasatch mtns.
    Welcome Minnesotan! These folk's will share with you everything you must know.

4. dickies chics

dickies chics Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    Baldwinville MA
    hello and welcome. My wife and I share your great dane obesession we have a 2 year old harlequin female named pia. (pain in @#$).

5. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Happy Thanksgiving and Welcome to BYC from The Pampered Pullets Farm in North Central Florida
    [​IMG]

6. TheGoldenRoo

TheGoldenRoo A Crazy and Fun Chicken

Oct 15, 2009
    ND
    [​IMG]

7. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

8. posey

posey Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2009
    Coastal NC
    Welcome to our new Minn-nah-SOOOh-tah-ian! I love MN and have several really good friends who live there, in the Twin Cities area.
    Enjoy BYC

9. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from WI

10. Brick243

Brick243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southeast Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by