Would blinders work for this

Wouldn't you have to keep the blinders on them 24/7 to prevent fighting? Is that wise?
I've never used blinders before and don't have roosters, so not sure.

Wouldn't you have to keep the blinders on them 24/7 to prevent fighting? Is that wise?
I've never used blinders before and don't have roosters, so not sure.
i would have to keep them on 24/7 and I'm truing to figure out if its wise with this thread
that's for you thoughts:)

Many roosters of most breeds can live together more-or-less safely, without needing blinders.

There are exceptions (gamefowl roosters cannot live together, and some individual roosters of other breeds will refuse to get along with each other.)

This forum has quite a few threads and some articles about rooster flocks and bachelor coops.

Here is one article that is pretty good:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/rooster-flocks.72998/

i don't have the room or time to make a Batchlor pad and i would like to keep them all together so i don't have to bring food and water to another place but thanks

i don't have the room or time to make a Batchlor pad and i would like to keep them all together so i don't have to bring food and water to another place but thanks
Where are they living now?
if they are causing problems, what kind of problems?
Are they also in a pen with hens?

A bachelor pad is just a cute term some people use for a chicken coop that has only roosters living in it. There's nothing special about it; the name just indicates that it's roosters-only. The articles and threads about it will sometimes have helpful tips for any situation with several roosters living together.

Where are they living now?
if they are causing problems, what kind of problems?
Are they also in a pen with hens
1.1 rooster is living in a pen close to the house the other one is in a cage with 1 hen and the other one is free ranging with hens
2.They are fighting with each other and hurting each other

1.1 rooster is living in a pen close to the house the other one is in a cage with 1 hen and the other one is free ranging with hens
2.They are fighting with each other and hurting each other

So they fight even if you let them all free range?

Many times, roosters that fight in a small pen are fine when they have lots of space. But if yours fight when free ranging, then "more space" obviously is not the answer. I see why you are asking about blinders!

I didn't know for sure whether blinders would help or not, so I did a search for similar threads from the past.

I found one where the blinders did not work:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/fighting-roosters-pinless-peepers.1380931/
(The first post is relevant to your question, but the rest of the thread is discussing other details. If you're short on time, just skip the rest of it.)

I found one where someone asked about blinders, someone else said they would not help, and no-one actually tried it:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/pinless-peepers-for-multiplw-roosters.1483315/

I would have expected more threads on the topic, but I mostly find ones about stopping feather picking or about stopping hens that are acting like bullies (results are mixed on that: sometimes the bullying stops, sometimes not.)

At this point, you probably don't have much to lose by trying the blinders. I'm not sure whether they will work or not, so please share the results if you do try them.

You've obviously found that separate pens do work, but I agree it's nicer to have them all content as one big group if possible.

So they fight even if you let them all free range?
yes its super annoying
At this point, you probably don't have much to lose by trying the blinders. I'm not sure whether they will work or not, so please share the results if you do try them.
i will try
also all this fighting started when one rooster almost beat another rooster to death but for the most part the roo who got hurt and the other one was fine but then i separated them and now everybody hates everyone but thank you so much for all of this i know it takes a while to type that much and to find good threads
i will go check that out

Back
Top Bottom