Would chicks and ducklings get along?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Dec 13, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I might be going to pick up a few 4 week old silkie chicks next week and I was wondering if I could put them in a heated coop with my ducklings? Would it work?

BTW they would be the same age

2. Peachesbabychick

Peachesbabychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Probably!

3. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:I sure hope so! [​IMG]

4. Jay262

Jay262 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Wait a min did i post in the right thread........yes they should get along fine at that age just keep an eye on them at first.

5. Peachesbabychick

Peachesbabychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Hehehe!

6. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:[​IMG] thanks.

7. CrazyCatNChickenLady

CrazyCatNChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Berry Creek, Ca
    I dont think its a good idea. The ducklings grow a lot faster then the chicks do even though they may be close to the same size now. They need their own spaces and 4 week olds need access to food and water at all times and the ducks will just make a mess of it. The ducks should also have acess to food and water all the time too. I just read a few days ago where your mom was stuggling to buy a lightbulb. How are you taking on all these animals right now? Thats a lot to feed them especially the growing ducklings and chicks and all of the older ones.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  8. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Ok, thank you. And my mom said (this is what she said a bit ago) that she is getting some silkies to, so it gives her a reason to get a light. I guess my chicks being cold wasnt a good enough reason [​IMG]

you have no need to worry about the feeding of my animals [​IMG] (my animals are fed correctly, thats all that matters) (and even when I did have feed and water in the ducklings coop they didnt eat or drink)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by