would everyone please vote for this deserving couple?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ntiveheart, Jan 19, 2009.

1. ntiveheart

ntiveheart Chillin' With My Peeps

please go to www.wild104fm.com
    and cast your vote for jim and melissa.
    help make their wish for a dream wedding
    come true!

here's their story:

To those who don't know our story...
    Jim & I have been together 6 1/2 years now. We met in April 2002 at work, and started to date in June of 2002. I have 4 children from my first marriage, 2 of whom have autism. Because of this, many people thought we would not last long but our love grew strong, and we became a very happy family. We knew things between us were getting serious and we had a choice, spend money on a fancy wedding, or start to build a house in the country that would be safer for the kids. The choice was a no brainer.
    I helped build at least 2 days a week after work or on the weekend, but Jim was there seven days a week. He would drive an hour every single night after working on the house just to sleep next to me. A lot of nights I was not even awake when he got home.We finished building our dream home in August 2008. We decided due to our ages (Jim 35, me 34) and because Jim has no biological children, the time was right to add to our family. We became pregnant and are expecting a baby in May 2009.
    Although we really wanted one, we came to grips with reality that we would just not be able to do a nice wedding anytime soon. so we decided to get married February 14th, 2009 with no wedding ceremony, no rings, and no reception. We were sad to not be able to do something special to celebrate with our family & friends, but we knew they would understand. Then my daughter & I were listening to wild 104 and we heard about the wild 104 world wide wedding. My daughter encouraged me to take a chance and sign up for it.
    Our (well the in a nutshell version) story & picture will be posted on the wild 104 website starting Monday Jan. 19th, through Wed. or Thurs. along with the other 2 contestants. Only one couple will win, so I need everyone to vote for us. The winner will be announced on Thursday the 22nd.

Please vote before Wednesday if you can!!!!

Please have everyone you know get on and vote too for Jim & Melissa!!!!

This would be a dream come true for us.
    Remember, the voting will be starting on Monday Jan. 19th and ending either Wed. or Thurs.......

here is the web site www.wild104fm.com

thank you all!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Gosh how do you enter this contest? My fiance and I want a ceremony that will cost $2500 and can't do that......

3. FrChuckW

FrChuckW Father to all, Dad to none

Sep 7, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    I went and voted for them, so hopefully they will win it!

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I voted. [​IMG]

5. I voted [​IMG] marrie

6. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
  7. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    What about my dream wedding?! Everyone can donate $$$ for my dream wedding through paypal at [email protected]!

You can also PM for an actual address if you'd like to send cash!!! LOL

(above is a joke don't actually do it.... unless you want to!)

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I voted...good luck you deserve it...... [​IMG]......

9. orchidchick

orchidchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    south florida
    I voted! I didn't realize these were so popular. I just posted asking BYC's to vote for my son and his fiance. What a great opportunity for these lovebirds! It just takes a minute!

Orchidchick

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by