would like free eegs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by william9792, Dec 11, 2008.

1. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    would like to get around 30 eggs to hatch, near graham, nc. i am on a fix income and disabled, would give 1/2 of chicks back as fee if wanted. pm or e-mail this is to let anyone that read this know that i already have chickens and would like to get a different breeds to hatch. it is NOT A MONEY THING. just thought that i have time and someone mite not have the time or a bator to hatch, for i only get about six eggs a week. thanks to all that read this. William

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Yeah, I'd love free eggs too... too bad the feed store doesn't give out free feed.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Hi..i'm sorry to hear about your situation..if i had any eggs at all..i would send them your way!..best wishes and Happy Holidays!...sorry i couldnt help you out.., Wendy

4. william9792

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    thank you for reading and happy holidays. william

5. Splash_Guard

Splash_Guard Set Free

Dec 3, 2008
    Michigan
    If you lived a bit closer, I'd deliver them to you. Sorry that I can't help.

6. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Try posting on your local Craigslist. You may be able to find someone local who will sell eating eggs. If they have a rooster and you ask them not to wash the eggs you can incubate them.

My local feedstore sells eggs for $1.75 a dozen. I get them unwashed and then incubate them. I've had good hatches that way.

7. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:I just wanted to say good luck finding eggs [​IMG] . You really need to consider the cost of feed if you can't afford to buy eggs. My chickens are pigs and even though they free range they go through a lot of feed. Also, you will need to wait about 20 +/- weeks to even get eggs from them. I would suggest going to a local farmstand, most of them have fertilized eggs and the cost would be negligible, I think my local feed store sells them for $2 a dozen. Best wishes

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I just wanted to say good luck finding eggs [​IMG] . You really need to consider the cost of feed if you can't afford to buy eggs. My chickens are pigs and even though they free range they go through a lot of feed. Also, you will need to wait about 20 +/- weeks to even get eggs from them. I would suggest going to a local farmstand, most of them have fertilized eggs and the cost would be negligible, I think my local feed store sells them for $2 a dozen. Best wishes

I agree that if you can't afford the price of hatcing eggs you probably aren't going to be able to afford to feed the chickens that hatch. Feed is a big expense anymore unfortunately.

9. Sherris Backyard Beauties

Sherris Backyard Beauties Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2007
    Fort Pierce, Florida
    You can also go to your local feed store and buy pullets ready to lay any day for between 8-10 dollars and then you don't have the long wait for chicks to get to that size. Plus what you'll save on electricity. It's actually a lot cheaper!

10. william9792

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    this is for all that read this, i already have chickens that i feed, and i get eggs from them, just wanted to get some from a different breed, for mine only give about six eggs a week, it is not a money thing. just thought that someone mite not have the time to hatch them and i do. thanks to all that read this. William

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by