1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Would like some help on Gender from all you experts!!! *PIC HEAVY*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WVchick71, Sep 5, 2010.

1. WVchick71

WVchick71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    Small Town
    Hi, I have some chicks that are about 6wks old. They are BCM and I believe EE's? and I would like to know your opinions on gender.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  2. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    2 is a boy, and WHEW that Easter Egger is a FOR sure cockerel! Those are very very common "boy" colors, and with that tail, no doubt. He will be a handsom boy [​IMG] looks like the one I had. The other's seem to be girls in the pictures to me [​IMG]

3. WVchick71

WVchick71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    Small Town
    I thought the EE might be a boy when he started getting all those beautiful colors! Does that color have a specific name?

4. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

no EE colors really don't have names as they are like a grab bag - unpredictable colors and tones and amounts of each color...I have 4 EE cockerals that are the same as chicks but now at 20 weeks they are looking more individual with one almost all black, one black with brown and white only on wings, one who is black with white hackles and wings, and the last one is black with brown hackles, wings, and saddle and speckled white...

Some EEs though do look more partridge, wheaton, RLB, etc... He is gorgeous though. I agree #2 looks like a roo as well and all the rest look like hens atleast at this point in time. [​IMG]

Oh ETA: I have a hen very similar in color to your boy and her name is Macadamia [​IMG] (most of the EE's are named after deserts - lol)

beautiful birds.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  5. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    #2 and #4 are roos [​IMG]

6. Swampwood

Swampwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Krotz Springs, LA
    #1 and #2 are roos [​IMG]