Would like some help on Gender from all you experts!!! *PIC HEAVY*

WVchick71

Songster
9 Years
Jul 24, 2010
Small Town
Hi, I have some chicks that are about 6wks old. They are BCM and I believe EE's? and I would like to know your opinions on gender.

63898_chickens_014.jpg

63898_chickens_013.jpg

63898_chickens_017.jpg

63898_chickens_018.jpg

63898_chickens_026.jpg

63898_chickens_015.jpg

63898_chickens_016.jpg

63898_chickens_021.jpg

Last edited:
2 is a boy, and WHEW that Easter Egger is a FOR sure cockerel! Those are very very common "boy" colors, and with that tail, no doubt. He will be a handsom boy
big_smile.png
looks like the one I had. The other's seem to be girls in the pictures to me
smile.png

I thought the EE might be a boy when he started getting all those beautiful colors! Does that color have a specific name?

no EE colors really don't have names as they are like a grab bag - unpredictable colors and tones and amounts of each color...I have 4 EE cockerals that are the same as chicks but now at 20 weeks they are looking more individual with one almost all black, one black with brown and white only on wings, one who is black with white hackles and wings, and the last one is black with brown hackles, wings, and saddle and speckled white...

Some EEs though do look more partridge, wheaton, RLB, etc... He is gorgeous though. I agree #2 looks like a roo as well and all the rest look like hens atleast at this point in time.
wink.png

Oh ETA: I have a hen very similar in color to your boy and her name is Macadamia
smile.png
(most of the EE's are named after deserts - lol)

beautiful birds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom