would like to be on a waiting list for blue orpington in march-april

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by newnanchic, Jan 9, 2008.

1. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    Blue Orpington eggs anyone????I would like to hatch some for the spring!!!! If any one has a waiting list PLEASEEEEEE.... let me know!!! Thanks so much!!!::

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  2. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    PM Speckledhen, her waiting list is long, may be too long.
    I think I'm in line sometime around May.

3. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    I'm meeting a man today to pick ups some Blue Orp eggs. He sells on eggbid and if you want I will ask if I can give his email address. I told him he needed to post on here. He also had blue and black marans! His prices are very reasonable!!

Sylvia

4. Sherriekim

Sherriekim Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    You could PM Bamachicken, I know she has a waiting list, too, but she did have one or two available dates left in March when she posted her eggs for sale earlier this week.

5. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I sent Bamachicken a pm so maybe she has an opening for March will just have to wait to hear back from her . meanwhile if anyone else has ideas please let me know. Thanks

6. SunChick

SunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Mine should start becoming available in February...when I am done all the test hatches [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm meeting a man today to pick ups some Blue Orp eggs. He sells on eggbid and if you want I will ask if I can give his email address. I told him he needed to post on here. He also had blue and black marans! His prices are very reasonable!!

Sylvia

I know who you mean. My Skye was out of his stock. I did have some porous egg issues and didn't have a great hatch, just two chicks out of a dozen, but I got Skye so I'm happy with it. And a splash cockerel, of course.​

8. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    Speckledhen I'm putting my eggs in the bator in the morning his being 8-Blue Orps and 7-Marans along with a dozen of Buff Orps and a dozen of Buff Silkies from Jody! I will let you know how they turn out. He was a very nice man and my maran eggs are beautiful, but I'm a newbie and I don't know much. Maybe I'll have better luck, I hope.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good luck with the hatch! I'm going to be hatching some more Blue Orps late winter or early spring from different stock than I have now. I have two different lines represented and will soon have more so I'm happy about that. I also will be getting some Welsummer eggs and Blue Marans and after that, I think my cup will be full to overflowing, LOL.

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yes, SpeckledHen, they will be coming once those four girls start laying! I am saying alot of prayers now so I can see myself hatching those chicks out of my ears LOL![​IMG]

I do have one dark grey blue cockeral chick that I hatched out of one of that Eggbid guy.....hatched out only two chicks and had one culled out and the other one will have to be developed more to find out if he would make the cut or cull him out.

Most of my hen flock is from Catalupa Farms, second and third generation. I am hoping to get some hatching eggs from them this spring. SpeckledHen will get the first dibs on pullets while the rest of them will be sold or eaten. The rooster is from Tommy Stanley and did well on his first show in WI with top of his class.

I can not wait to see the results of this cross and very excited as well! I will be incubating alot later this winter and spring and summer to fufill the demands and hatching eggs as well. Sorry my spring list is booked up but however I can put down for summer hatches if the girls cooperate.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by