would like to find a meat rabbit fourm

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by mamato3, Nov 17, 2008.

1. mamato3

mamato3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    Does anyone know of any? Ive tried to log onto homesteaing today but im still waiting on approval been waiting for 2 going on 3 weeks know im also a member on a meatrabbit forum on yahoo anyone know of any others i have to be careful where i post because a lot of sites are for house buns and are not for meat.

2. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    If you find one please post a link. Because I have been looking for the same thing [​IMG]

3. joshplus10

joshplus10 Out Of The Brooder

I'm interested, too.

I just acquired a second pair because my first doe's litters all died. I think May Belle stomped them to death, but I may be doing something wrong...

I'd also appreciate some new recipes. Bunny burrito gets old after a while!

Do you keep your rabbits and chickens together?

4. mamato3

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
  5. mamato3

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    hello joshplus10 right know i keep everyone together so they will stay warm come spring time im building a rabbit shed and moving them. Ive heard first time moms will lose there kits you just have to rebreed and try agian if it happens agian consider her for the stew pot or selling or try one more time. But i would only try 3 times after that i think she has proved her self an unworthy mom only good for a pet or rabbit stew. Ive got a doe that lost her fist kits she has been rebreed so we will see if she keeps them this time around

6. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Also, (I haven't bred my rabbits yet, they're not old enough yet) but I plan on breeding two does at the same time. I was told if one mom isn't a good mom, you can stick her babes in with another mom to raise. I was told new moms often lose their first litter too.

7. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Sweet forum! Thanks [​IMG]

8. yopperchick

yopperchick Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2008
    can you keep bucks & does together for the winter w/out them breeeding? if they do will the babies make it in the winter? it can get -20s here. [​IMG]

9. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Yes--they will breed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by