1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Would like to see pics of polish crosses

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Georgia Boy 1970, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Just hatched chicks. They are first generation polishXee crosses and a few second generation polishXbuff orpington bred back to polish. Would like to see pics of your polish crosses. Thanks

2. cparian

cparian Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Here are my crosses I hatched this March. First a Buff Laced Polish Rooster over a Buff Cochin Hen. His name is Gonzo.
    He has some really nice feathering down his legs. You can't see his comb in the pictures but it is a single comb at the front then splits to a V in the back. Really wild looking. He has thickened up in the past couple of months & I need to get more recent pics. He is twice the size of his daddy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here is his half sister, same rooster but this time over an EE hen. Her name is Phyllis. She has a funny crest & large muff making her look like Phyllis Diller when you see her straight on. I love her blue legs!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Crickett B

Crickett B Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2010
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    This is King Nanner. He is a Frizzled Buff Laced Polish Rooster He is probably close to a year now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. celticravenz

celticravenz Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2010
    Alaska
    King Nanner YOU are an awesome rooster!!!! Awesome cross

5. wanttobefarmer

wanttobefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    I've really been looking alot at frizzles lately, and I think he is the best. As a matter of fact I'm sure that's the cross that I want. Thanks
    Quote:

6. wanttobefarmer

wanttobefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    by the way was the roo a frizzle or was the buff polish, and what breed was the frizzle?

7. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    Lafonza, hatched March 24th... dad was SL polish, mom was a white leghorn x polish cross :)

[​IMG]

and her sister Iris, same mom but not sure about the dad, he was some kind of polish I think...

[​IMG]

8. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Enjoying the pics. I believe that I like the polish crosses better. I like the the unusual colors. Thanks guys for the pics and keep them coming. Beautiful birds.

9. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    love King Nanner - his comb sure looks like a crown!

10. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    Quote:That is one UNUSUAL chicken!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by