Would love to hear what you think! Breed and Gender! (**PIC HEAVY**)

tylerhearn

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 2, 2011
Hello all! My pullets (hopefully) are all getting a bit older, and I have some much better pics now!!! I would love to know what you think as far as breed and gender! I tried to get pictures of combs, faces, legs, and backs. Thank you for all of your help in advance!

First on is Esther...the only one that I really still have apprehensions about whether she is a she or a he! And s/he's also really quirky looking!

Esther - 9 weeks old

105484_esther_-_side.jpg

105484_esther_-_front.jpg

105484_esther_-_top.jpg

105484_esther_-_face_2.jpg

105484_esther_-_face.jpg

Next: Wilma - 9 weeks old (pretty sure a pullet)

105484_wilma_-_side.jpg

105484_wilma_-_side_2.jpg

105484_wilma_-_face.jpg

Next: Nugget - 7 weeks old (pretty sure a pullet)

105484_nugget_-_side.jpg

105484_nugget_-_saddle.jpg

Last: Gladys - 11 weeks old (not 100%, but thinking pullet)

105484_gladys_-_saddle.jpg

105484_gladys_-_front.jpg

105484_gladys_-_quirky.jpg

Some joint pictures:

Gladys and Esther. Do these ruffled feathers and stances indicate roos?

105484_gladys_esther_-_fluffin.jpg

Wilma and Nugget. Breeds? They are similar, but colors and shape are different.

105484_wilma_nugget.jpg

Thanks again everyone! I can't wait to hear what you think!!!
big_smile.png

I'm not sure on the first one... a Polish x maybe? But the second looks like a Red Star to me, and those feathers on Gladys makes me think she's a roo...
hide.gif

hi, they are great-lookin' whether girls or boys.
maybe Esther is part Polish? She's too cute for words!!!
You must be incredibly patient to get those great photos!
My girls decided some time ago that cameras are bad.
;(

Oh, and girls do that face-off thing too. Pretty funny, huh?

Last edited:
Quote:
HAHA! I had a Black Tailed White Japanese Bantam girl face off to my Jersey Giant roo when I first got him.. funniest part is he actually ran away!!
lau.gif

Quote:
x2

Pretty sure Wilma, Nugget, and Gladys Have EE in their background. Wilma and Nugget probably won't lay green/blue eggs because they don't have the green legs, but Gladys is most likely an EE...she looks just like mine. Esther might be part EE and part Polish (just a guess, I could be WAY off). I do think they are all girls though.
smile.png

Quote:
x2

Pretty sure Wilma, Nugget, and Gladys Have EE in their background. Wilma and Nugget probably won't lay green/blue eggs because they don't have the green legs, but Gladys is most likely an EE...she looks just like mine. Esther might be part EE and part Polish (just a guess, I could be WAY off). I do think they are all girls though.
smile.png

Not true one bit! Leg color has absolutely nothing to do with egg color; How would you explain the slate legged Ameraucana?
wink.png

Esther may be part Polish, but there's no EE there. Wilma is probably half Sex-Link half EE, Nugget is probably also half Sex-Link or Production Red, half EE. Gladys is pure EE. (as if EE's are pure!
lol.png
)

Back
Top Bottom