1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

would love your expert opinions on this chick!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ttrjpbcz, Jul 5, 2008.

1. ttrjpbcz

ttrjpbcz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    PA
    Not a bantam, told she is a pullet but they were pulling from cages with signs and I don't remember what was what!! This one had a picture of a bigger chicken on the card. Of the 8 chicks we got, she is the biggest and bossiest! We call her Big Mama [​IMG]
    Thanks for your thoughts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Possibly an Easter Egger... do you remember whether or not they had EE's sometimes labeled as Araucanas or Ameraucanas.

3. ttrjpbcz

Jun 30, 2008
    PA
    humm........I just looked them up and that name is ringing a bell! The pictures match, but it sure looks like they vary a lot. I think I did read blue eggs!! Does that help?
    Thank you so much! I really do appreciate your time [​IMG]

4. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I'm guessing it is a white Easter Egger [​IMG] They don;t have a standard... and they come in every color imaginable! And yes, they lay Blue/green eggs! [​IMG] You'll have to post more pics as it grows.... but that would be my guess [​IMG] I have some EEs and they are nice chickens [​IMG]

5. ttrjpbcz

Jun 30, 2008
    PA
    Thank you so much! Do you mind my asking how big they get?

6. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    A standard sized chicken.... decent sized. Mine are only a couple of months old right now..... they are bigger than some of my mutt chickens. But I imagine it can vary. I'm sure someone else who has mature EEs can give you an idea of just how big they get.

7. bmarshgu

bmarshgu Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2008
    That is exactly what my little guy looked like as a chick. I have been told by members that he is an EE rooster, but yours is too early to tell. He is smaller because he is a banty. The darker feathers that are coming in on the wings remind me so much of how my little Merill started out! Here is a pic:
    [​IMG]

He was about 7wks old here! Hope this helps. He has been interesting to watch develop! I am having more fun with my mixed breeds than my pure breeds because I have no idea how they are going to turn out!

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

From his stance I'd guess roo on his gender.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by