Would my ducks eat my yellow bellied slider?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Chickadee-23, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Chickadee-23

Chickadee-23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    South Carolina
    I have 2 baby mallard ducks that are 3 weeks old and I have a aquatic turtle that's small but not tiny she's about size of someone's hand, I made a duck pond for my ducks in their coop and I put my turtle in their cause she was getting to big for her tank would the ducks eat her once they get full size? Or would my turtle be to big by then for them to eat her? Thank you!

2. AstralStorm

AstralStorm Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2016
    since mallards don't get very big, I don't think it will be a problem. They may be curious and peck at her a little at first but they'll probably get bored. I don't have experience with turtles living with ducks but i don't think it will be a problem.

3. Duck Drover

Duck Drover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    Washington
    Turtles will bite ducks' feet when they are floating in ponds. Ducks do not eat turtles.

4. donkeydew2farms

donkeydew2farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2014
    I have a map turtle living out side but not with the ducks. the ducks are to dirty I change the water every other day. all so I would not trust the ducks in taking it out and playing with it. my turtle lives in a water trough that I drilled a hole in the side so it won't fill up to the top I lost a turtle that way she escaped when it rain. good luck .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by