1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Would someone please post a Golden laced wyandotte picture please!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Don Jr, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Don Jr

Don Jr Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    sumrall,ms
    I think one of my hens is a golden laced but not sure.

2. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Not a great pic but here are two of ours.
    [​IMG]

3. Don Jr

Don Jr Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    sumrall,ms
    Thank you! Very much! So yes, I have 2 hens of that breed. And i am not sure but i think one of them went broody. Are they known to be broody?

4. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Don't really know a whole bunch about these. They are new to us. These two are supposed to be the same age but one has been laying about 3-4 eggs a week for the last 2 months and the other still has not laid. We are looking for a young rooster for them for breeding purposes for this next spring, They are in with a Buff Brahma Bantam roo right now. The one that lays has not shown any signs of wanting to go broody.

5. Fuffy

Fuffy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Jersey, GB
    [​IMG]

Here is my Golden Laced Wyandotte Bantam, Abby

Have had her and her Blue Laced sister for 3 weeks now. They are the most affectionate of my flock of 7. Abby is the first to try new food and was the first to eat from my hand and sit on my knee!

I have read that Wyandottes do go broody easily and that they are not the BEST egg laying breed

Have fun with yours!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by