Would this be a good incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rooster brandon., Oct 27, 2010.

1. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    I have a good thick plastic storage tub the small kinda about a 3/4 a foot tall and at one side there is a light bulb and the other i have a cup for humidity and in front of the cup is a aluminum foil strip sticking up it is between the light bulb and the egg holder is there any thing else i need the egg holder is on a bar that i can turn manually.........Is there any other thing i need this is for a science fair project right now the thermometer says 88 or 99 degrees is there anything i can do for the temp to make it right?PLEASE HELP!

2. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    you need a thermostat hooked up to the light, to switch it off when it gets to hot and back on when too cool. but I don't know how to do that.

3. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    well could you just put a hole in the side to allow some heat to escape what purpose does the thermostate make?

4. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Maybe someone else can help with the homemade Bator thing.Is there any holes at all for air?My LG one's even have some small air holes.Temp should stay around 100-101 constant.A fair degree low wont hurt but not below 98 for sure.And shouldnt be above 101.Humidity should be monitored.Walmart sell's a fairly cheap therm/ humidity one for around $6 here.Maybe someone else that has had sucess with homemade bator can help more.Good Luck.

5. rooster brandon.

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    thanxs still working on temp.........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by