Would this be possible??

Morgan7782

Dense Egg Goo
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Sacramento CA
Just realized that I have a darn near unlimited supply of wood pallets (FREE) from my brother and his work! DUH! I was thinking I would be spending over a grand on a shed to convert to a coop, but now maybe there is another way!!

My question: Would it be possible to build a 8x6 ft coop out of pallet wood? Except probably roof (any idea's do share). Thanks!

I don't see why not~~I've built lots of things from used pallets.
Just be sure that the pallets weren't used for any type of hazardous material storage.

Good luck & happy building

I will ask my brother what they were used for, I think it was boxes of nails or something. They build metal.. Things. ::shrugs:: Not sure what exactly lol but I will ask!

I have done a search on pallet coops but so far have only found smaller coops. I would one at least 6x8. I am so excited and thrilled to find a way to do this for cheaper because I am pretty broke right now lol aren't we all?? My chickens will be so happy to have a big coop!

If you bought the framing materials and used the pallet boards for everything else it might be worth the trouble of pulling them apart for such a large coop. The framing part might be tough using pallets.

Last edited:
What sort of framing would be required? Would a wood frame be too flimsy? Any framing idea's would be wonderful! I don't mind doing the work, especially since it's a definate need. I have 5 hens sharing two coops at the moment
smile.png
this chicken addiction thing is AWFUL! lol!

So any frame idea's would be great! And any other input regarding large pallet coops.

look through all the recent threatds in this forum(last couple days)... I just saw one that someone was building using pallets and it was pretty big and awesome. i will try to find it too....

Back
Top Bottom