would this concern you?

dsp

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 24, 2010
Here is the picture of the poo I find from one of my young hen- about 3 months old... I have been seeing this for a week or two-- have not treated because the birds are otherwise healthy acting- eating/drinking/ active... but I still can't help but worry.... any ideas?? thank you

CIMG3433.jpg

That looks to me like the shedding of intestinal lining, which is perfectly normal. Especially if you have been seeing it for a couple of weeks, and no one is acting sick, i don't think it's a sign of anything except normalcy.
smile.png

Thank you for your input... Thats what I was thinking...but it seems to happen at least once a day- so I started getting worried about cocci - but everything I read says birds will look sick and mine are as active and healthy looking as ever? Could this just be a temporary normal thing while the chicken is growing?

Quote:
X2 - It looks perfectly normal to me. I just looked up loads of chicken poo to help one of my chicks. - yeah I know I've completely lost my mind! Anyhow it does look like its normal so don;t worry!!!!!!

Oesdog -
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom