would this work for the top of my peafowl pen

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by jimmythechicken, Jun 16, 2010.

1. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    we found it at homedepot do you think it will work do they really try to flyout or do the see that there is something there an just stay in.ifit will work i will go pick it up.

2. NCIndiaBlue

NCIndiaBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    NC
    Yep, works great - that's what I use - just use cable zip ties to connect it.

3. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

I would not... my turkeys slashed right threw that... I use netting... cloth netting... you can find it on EBAy or even hatcheries that sell aviary supplies.

4. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I wouldn't use it for Peafowl they can bust right thought that stuff visit this website and go to netting, www.cutlersupply.com

Steve

5. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    great site steve i was thinking going with the heavy weight 2in squares will that do the trick.that was the stuff i was looking for but could not find for under 250$ thankyou jim

6. NCIndiaBlue

NCIndiaBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    NC
    If you're on a budget, this works fine - I have never had any issues with my pea's getting out while using it and a good friend of mine who has raised Pea's for years uses it too. I haven't used netting, but I'm sure it probably is superior.

7. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:That is what we use the 2" what I like is that you can get a 25'x25' or 25'x50', 50'x50' and so on sure makes life easy when your putting it up by your self. and it is also fairly cheap.

Steve

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by