would two ducklings be okay for my adult rouen?

pomwoo

Hatching
May 28, 2020
sadly two days ago something managed to get my male rouen duck, leaving my female all alone (besides having chicken company) and i was wondering if i introduced the two new ducklings im getting next week when theyre a couple weeks old, would they get along ??? would she not be lonely anymore ? how do i keep her from getting lonely until then ?

Last edited:
they need to be indoors for a few more weeks still, and she is gonna try to kill them. seperate them so they can see but not touch each other

they need to be indoors for a few more weeks still, and she is gonna try to kill them. seperate them so they can see but not touch each other
i was planning on keeping them inside until they had their feathers and were ready to be outside anyways, is there anything i can do to warm her up to them when the time comes?

i was planning on keeping them inside until they had their feathers and were ready to be outside anyways, is there anything i can do to warm her up to them when the time comes?
since she is your only duck, i would recommend bringing her inside for awhile too. setup her area and the babies area right next to each other so they can see and get used to each other. make sure they cannot fight though since she will kill them

I’d just take the ducklings out an visit on nice days as often as you can. As long as she isn’t aggressive towards them let them be together with supervision. By the time they are old enough to be out for good they should be very use to each other.

Back
Top Bottom