would you be able to sex these please

Judging from the long black finger nails, I would say female
tongue.png
but in the other photos...I cant really say.

lau.gif

Black fingernails!
I was looking at the chicks feet for them!

What breed are they?

Hey You def have 3 girls with spotty chests but the other 3 you would have to vent sex or see if they start to crow ! X
smile.png

Interesting...I have never heard/read this.

Does it matter what breed they are when looking for spotty chests to sex them?

I have heard that about the coturnix, but forgot which was spotted Male or female, as well as what age.
So I kept my mouth shut and decided to have a little fun while others were making more informed decisions and comments.

wuooooppps! Edited (mere to were)

Last edited:
I've had some that i was SURE were female because of the speckly chest at 2-3 weeks old and looked exactly like yours but turned into males at 4-5 weeks old! The speckles move aside and the rusty brown chest begins to grow!
Whites like fourth pic are impossible until about 5-6 weeks of age when they either crow or get the bulge behind their vent and the foam! That's the only way i could sex my white ones!

Interesting...I have never heard/read this.

Does it matter what breed they are when looking for spotty chests to sex them?

Only works for pharaoh, golden or Italian colours the girls have pale spotty chests and the boys have rust chests with no spots they have pics on the sticky at the top of forum on how to sex them. I was worried when I got mine as I had one with no spots but she turned out to be a manchurian colouring but one did turn out to be a boy as no spots and a rust chest and a dark hood too. :)

Only works for pharaoh, golden or Italian colours the girls have pale spotty chests and the boys have rust chests with no spots they have pics on the sticky at the top of forum on how to sex them. I was worried when I got mine as I had one with no spots but she turned out to be a manchurian colouring but one did turn out to be a boy as no spots and a rust chest and a dark hood too.
smile.png

Thanks!

thanks everyone, i did look at the sticky tread about spots on the chest and rust for boys, but some have spots with rust underneath so not sure what that means.

yes i think the whites and silver one's i will have to wait and see.

the Tibetan quail someone said the beak will be black for boys and brown for girls.

the black nails are definitely female.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom