Would you be annoyed

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MeatKing, Jul 29, 2011.

1. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

So, I run a house cleaning company as many of you know.

So last night at 9:30 pm (Late for us) A neighbor stops by, and was like or you's are still up, it's late for you... Ok yes, so why the heck did you stop in? Just cause the lights are on, doesn't mean you should stop by..

Can you help me clean my house, I say sure yes I will call you tomorow. She keeps pressing for price info, day I can come etc. I again say I will call you in the am. Really, don't stop in my house, pressing for info at 9:30 [​IMG]

And then to boot, she was wearing her running attire. She very thin, and was just wearing like a sports bra type thing, and running shorts. Really, that's how you stop at someone house? Am I just being overly sensitve, cause my kids are young, and I"m still feeling frumpy or would you be annoyed.. Don't people put on clothes before they stop at someones house at 9:30 pm [​IMG]

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    I would be annoyed! I value my privacy and moreover if I didn't know her very wel... [​IMG]

3. MeatKing

Good, to know I 'm not alone..

What should I say to her today?

Hey I really appreciate the work , but please don't stop by my house at 9:30 to disscuss it? And btw put some clothes on? I don't want to make hard feeling...

Any my dh, would just think I was jealous if I said anything about the clothes thing [​IMG] So know only you know I'm not happy bout it ...

4. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I think it was inappropriate too.

Not sure if I would say anything about it to her. I'd probably take her work, and her money, and go buy something nice for myself. [​IMG]

5. Gmsg01

Gmsg01 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    West Monroe,NY
    Any possibility she stopped by on the way out to a run (hence the clothes). If you have cards/flyers, maybe if anything like this happens in the future, you could hand the late night visitor this, and say something like "I appreciate your interest in my business, but it is after hours and I will give you a call during our regular hours of x to y"

6. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I'd be way bothered by someone stopping by that late. I am in bed by then. [​IMG] however, I am often in running clothes and I am thinking she may have just been out running at night, saw the light and thought she'd ask. too late imo, but I think I'd let her off the hook for the clothing (only)

7. MeatKing

ok, I will let her off the hook about the clothes, she was just coming from a run, I think cause she was covered in sweat... Thank-you for your replies people [​IMG]

When I talk to her, I will mention I prefer to discus work durning work hours, give her my card and Num on it [​IMG]

8. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I own a custom home building company and for a couple of years my office was located in my home. This was during our start up years so to keep costs down I only had one phone line. It was incredible the number of calls that I would get well after 8pm. I even had people call as late as midnight to inquire about having me come out to give them an estimate on a repair. I'm sure that the same people would be outraged if I were to have called them that late. I guess inconsideration depends upon if you are the one being inconsiderate.

9. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Because she is a neignbor I will not say anything. I would do the work, smile and say thank you when paid.

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I would be annoyed too. My mom always taught us that it is not polite to call someone on the phone or knock on their doors after 8:00. Of course, there are some exceptions, especially for the people I KNOW are up late, like close friends and a few family members.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by