Would you be happy with this for a gift?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Appytaz, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Appytaz

Appytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    I am making up gift baskets for Christmas. I am doing kind of a "Spa" basket type idea. I am wondering if you think you would be happy to recieve this for a gift. The baskets include:

Home Made:
    Aloe Lotion
    Scented Bath Salts or Foot Soaks (depending on the person)
    Honey Lip Balm

Store Bought Gloves/Mittens- Hand decorated for more personalization.

Home Made Peanut Butter Fudge

Everything will have Personalized Labels. I was thinking of putting everything in a plain white gift bag that have been decorated to match the rest of the labels.

So, what do you think?? And additions or ideas you can think of? With money being so tight this year, this may really help with my gift giving!!

Thanks,
    Kellee

2. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

OH YEAHHH! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Want my address!!!! that sounds so cool. I would love a present I can actually USE instead of just something to say you got a gift!

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Sounds like a wonderful gift to me. I'd enjoy it someone gave it to me [​IMG]

4. FrChuckW

FrChuckW Father to all, Dad to none

Sep 7, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Kelly,

What a wonderful idea! Those people on your list who receive them should consider themselves lucky that you think that much of them to take the time to personalize each of their presents.

I know I would be glad to receive something like that, especially the Home Made Peanut Butter Fudge, MMMMMM

5. annmarie

annmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    I'd love to receive that as a gift! I don't think you need to add anything else, but if the spirit moves you, other idea's could be a hand knit washcloth, and/or a homemade (or store/craft fair bought) candle. I guess soywax candles in jars are really easy to make.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I would love to receive ANYTHING from my loved ones. It shows they are thinking about me, especially if it is homemade. It hink it's a great idea.

7. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I would totally love that gift..

But I understand why you posted ..

I am putting together "baskets" as well with homemade soap and such. I might even add jerky to it as well as cookies..

and I keep thinking that people wont like it..

8. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Sounds great! I would rather receive a gift that someone put the time in and something I would actually use.

9. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

I agree Michelle!

10. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    [​IMG] I would love to recieve that what a wonderful gift and it's homemade it just has LOVE written all over it.[​IMG]

Now the spa baskets at walmart PLEASE![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by