would you be mad?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by duck&chickencrazy, Nov 30, 2011.

1. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    If you and your bf were supposed to go to a concert together (a band you both liked) but you weren't able to make it to his house because of the roads being really bad (snow covered) and he still went without you. Would you be mad?

or men...would you still go if your gf couldn't?

He lives about an hour from me and right next to where the concert is at...and I drive a little car so I didn't want to risk driving up there...

Do I have the right to be mad or am I overreacting? I feel like im overreacting but I just cant help but be a little mad...

edited to add some more details

he posted on facebook that he hopes he could still get tickets for the concert...not even 20 mins after i told him i couldnt go

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    I would be mad at the weather and tell him to send me cell phone shots

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Depends..
    Were you on the way to get there..and he left while you were trying to get there?? Then, oh yes, i would be livid and it'd get very ugly..
    If not.... no, its not his fault you got stranded...

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I know your not suppose to be mad at someone because of unforeseen circumstances but I personally would be a little irritated by it.

5. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    No, I wouldn't be mad...you were the one who couldn't get there, so why should he just sit at home? If I were you I'd just drop it and enjoy letting him tell you all about the concert you wish you could have been at.

I'm saying this as a girl. If I were nearby a show, and my boyfriend/ husband couldn't make it, I would still totally go! And I would expect him to be happy for me, as well!...just my two cents..[​IMG]

6. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    OK I appreciate the responses. And I am glad to hear them. I think the main reason I got so agitated was because he got to go and I didn't. And I think everybody is right. Its not his fault, but Im still a little ticked but like I said before its probably just cause Im a little jealous that he got to go. Again thank you for responding, it really did help [​IMG]

7. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    duck&chickencrazy :

OK I appreciate the responses. And I am glad to hear them. I think the main reason I got so agitated was because he got to go and I didn't. And I think everybody is right. Its not his fault, but Im still a little ticked but like I said before its probably just cause Im a little jealous that he got to go. Again thank you for responding, it really did help [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I could never be mad at my man for having a good time, even if i had to miss out​

8. cameron

cameron Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    I'd still go.

Don't get mad. No one is to blame. Save the angryness for when he really upsets you!

9. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    What concert? lol :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  10. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Well... before I was married my GFs were not a commitment to me so I would say I could go without them it was not like we were married and if I dated girls that thought somehow I was like being married to them I would probably take another girl with me. I would be dissapointed I could not go but not mad at anyone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by