Would You Buy Something That came From A Cemetery?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NYboy, Sep 29, 2011.

1. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    I have been looking for a antique wrought iron fence for my front yard. 19 century wrought iron fences are very very expensive. I couldn't believe my luck when I saw a cl ad for 9 panels of fence for $275. I rented a truck and got a friend to help pick it up. It was love at first sight,all along the top where gothic arches!! I asked where the fence came from, and was told a old cemetery that was being moved. My friend couldn't believe i still bought it after learning where it came from. Would that stop you from buying a piece you love?

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Did they use it to prop up the bodies?

No?

Then, no, I wouldn't let the fact it came from a cemetary deter me.

3. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Nope. Sounds like a good deal for all involved. It's not like the residents will come back for it.

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Quote:LOL

That makes the fence even better! It has history!!! I don't believe in ghosts/spirits/gods but do like to talk about them in jest, so if I wanted a fence like that and could get one, that would be TOTALLY AWESOME for stories!!!

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Nope, I love the metal fences and they are beautiful! And another bonus, you are recycling them to beautify your yard!

6. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Good find! wish I could find some like that.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Unless they were spearing peoples heads on it ..then why wouldnt you want the fence? I bet its cool looking..[​IMG]
    *thats a hint for a pic, in case you missed it..*

8. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Metal does not absorb bad spirits well, you are safe. [​IMG]

And, seriously I would get it. If not bought and used for it's purpose will be recycled and come out of the recycling bin as molten metal to be made into something else. I love the history of it!

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

What's the big deal about that? Wrought iron is wrought iron, no matter where it's been. In fact, that adds a bit of history to the piece.

10. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    That makes it an even better recycling/re-using story! Wouldn't bother me at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by